Saturday, August 29, 2015

Mr. Sandman....Please Bring Me Reality...

Sometimes I wonder where the idea, imagery, or even the people come from; when it comes to dreams. It's been said you dream of something you did that day. Maybe something on your mind? What I never could understand is where do the random things come from?

Lately I've had dreams of the same person. Someone I would never consider in the real world as a love interest. This person is a great guy, but we are different people. Sure, opposites attract, but I'm not sure our opposites would work out. Although, I guess you never know.

Because I've been dreaming of him, I can't stop thinking of him in real life. Before you say, I'm crushing on him. I'm not. Most likely because I know we'll never be. I think I realize this because I've gotten to the point that maybe just maybe I'm meant to be single. No, I'm not giving up on love. Not yet at least. I think a lot of it has to do with me knowing the signs. I see the same thing with all guys I've had crushes on. I know when someone has no interest in me.

That could be why I'm crushing on fictional guys more than I would right now with a real guy. No, I'm not one of those crazy people who think the fictional guys are real. But it's nice to imagine, hey if I had a guy like that? I could be happy. Again though, I'm not giving up on a guy. If one comes along and I feel something? Great.

So, my next question about dreams. If I think, oh this actor or character is hot. Why can't I dream about them? No, instead I dream of him. In the dream, we'll be friends, but I feel something. In other dreams, we're dating. I'm betting you're wondering how close we are in real life. Honestly, not that close. I see him from time to time, but not enough to where I could crush on him. I see his posts on Facebook. The posts don't make me want to have a crush on him though.

With my luck, since I'm blogging about him, I'll dream of him tonight. Maybe I could try to think of Mr. Darcy before bed. Hmm, which version of Darcy do I want to dream about?

I have thought about looking things up in a dream dictionary, but how accurate are those? Guardian angel maybe? Someone who is watching over me? Dreams have to mean something. Who knows, maybe somewhere deep down I'm thinking of him and I fight the feelings for him. So, I bury the feelings somewhere in my mind. Somehow a key unlocks the box and my thoughts are released in my dreams? Could it also be that my thoughts of him come out in my dreams because I know we'll never be?

I wish we could force our dreams so we don't have to dream of something that will never occur. Why can't dreams be like our reality? I know in reality, I have a ninety percent chance of growing old alone. Why can't my dreams face reality?

In the meantime, I guess I'll have to wake up and realize it was all a dream. When I see him again, we'll say hi and what's up. We'll move on with our lives soon after. I have to admit though,if I dream of him. I'm sure he doesn't dream of me, but what could he think of me? Do I pop into his head? Something he sees or does, could he think of me? I guess we'll never know.

No comments:

Post a Comment