Monday, August 17, 2015

To Socialize or not to Socialize...that is the question

So I'm feeling good right now. Why, you ask? I had a writing weekend. I managed to only go onto Facebook and Twitter once over the weekend and that wasn't until Sunday evening. Better yet, I was able to get off both sites in a timely fashion. I just hope I can keep it up. We shall see.

I just hope as I back away from Facebook and Twitter, people will still keep in contact. Remember life before Facebook and Twitter? You would call people or email. Heck, we had AOL instant messenger. It's bad enough, I feel out of touch with so many people because if you don't catch their post? Oh well, you'll never know their exciting news. It's also sad because I have friends on Facebook who I was close with, but now? Yea, I'll see a post from them, but half the time it's a game post or some type of quiz.

You have to love the friends who seem surprised when you say something like, "Cool, I didn't know." They get annoyed with you because apparently they posted the great news on Facebook like two weeks ago. I have many, many friends on Facebook and Twitter. Unless, we are super close these days. Unfortunately, I'm not going to see it. Heck, sometimes its hard to keep up with family.

Do you ever feel guilty about missing a friends great news? Or, do you want to be like me and think...oh well. Maybe you should have said something by, I don't know email? I don't like talking on the phone, but there is great thing called text messaging.

Thoughts? How do you handle friends who get annoyed when you don't keep up with their life?

No comments:

Post a Comment