Monday, September 7, 2015

Who Do You Love



I can’t believe I have to do this because I love Jennifer Weiner’s books, but this is the first one of hers I have to give three stars. At the beginning of the book, I was hooked. Without giving much away, I found I couldn’t stand the hero. I wouldn’t say, I hated him. I did like him at the beginning. Maybe if there had been more in the book or a sequel, I could learn to like him again. If you want to discuss his character more after you read him or want to be spoiled. You can find me on Facebook or Twitter.

So moving on…

We meet Rachel Blum and Andrew Landis at the age of eight in Florida while both visit the ER.  Andrew, aka Andy broke his arm. Rachel, has a heart condition. The two connect and leave an impression that will leave them remembering the other when they see each other again years later.

The two reconnect after all those years and start a relationship despite their differences. Rachel grows up in an upper-middle class family while Andy lives with his single mother. His single mother finds his clothing, second hand.

As time moves on, the two will see the differences but yet still find their way to each other. It’s a story of soulmates.
As I read the book I tried to remember that Andy was just human. Heck, Rachel did a few things that made me shake my head. Don’t worry you might still love Andy. I read reviews where people still did. So there is hope. I think it just depends on who you are. Like I said, if there had been more in the book or a sequel. I could have liked him again.

Another reason for three stars, would be the ending. I felt it was too rushed. I know the book had to come to an end, but I felt it could have had another chapter. 

This book won’t stop me from reading more of Weiner’s book. When her next book comes out, I’ll be at the library or bookstore buying the next one. 

*****
Want more information on the book? Click here.

Want more information on the author? Click here.

Did a video post also for the book. Click here.

Find me on Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment