Monday, April 4, 2016

Room (Movie)

So I watched the movie, Room. My thoughts? I really liked it. The movie is based off a book written by Emma Donoghue. The book goes by the same title.

It might even be one of those movies I buy for my collection. Also now I want to really read the book. The book is now on my ever growing list of books. A list I won't finish in my lifetime. That's a whole other post though.

This is one of the movies where I don't want to give away anything or accidentally give something away. There is so much emotion, people need to experience it on their own.

Going into the movie I knew two of the actors, Joan Allen and William H. Macy. Brie Larson was familiar to me, but I couldn't put my finger on what movie or TV show I've seen her in. I know she won the best actress for the Oscars.

Jacob Tremblay played the son, Jack. Of all the performers, he did an awesome job. I have a feeling the book will be told from his point of view. You really get to see his point of view throughout the movie. You could feel so much emotion from his character. What is nice about the movie though? You can see other characters emotions also. I do hope you can see Ma's point of view in the book. Larson also did a spectacular job playing Ma. No wonder she won the Oscar.

The movie starts off with Ma and Jack in a room. Ma was abducted at a young age and locked in a room. Two years later, Jack is born. By the time Jack is five, Ma decides they need to leave the room once and for all.

Jack and Ma will get a chance to venture into a new world. Jack will discover a world he never knew existed. Ma will go back to a world that changed without her. The two will have to adapt to whole new surroundings.

Please check out the movie. I swear you won't regret it. If you don't like it, please let me know why. Let's talk.

No comments:

Post a Comment